General Information on Artwork and Artwork Requirements
Art Charges: The
first 1/2 hour is FREE!
Any art requiring additional time will be charged $35.00 (G) per hour.
ARTWORK: Email art to firstname.lastname@example.org . Purchase order must state that artwork is being supplied via e-mail. Must fax copy of art to factory. Please do not e-mail orders to this address. For any correspondence or changes to orders, our customer service department must be contacted directly. Note: Our delivery schedule may change depending on the quality of the artwork submitted.
Photographs: Must be originals or high resolution scans from originals. Do not screen or bitmap photos.
Computer Generated Vector
Preferred Programs for Vector Artwork:
• Corel Draw (saved as Corel 12 or earlier)
• Adobe Illustrator (saved as EPS version 8 or earlier. If using Macintosh computers, you must save file with an eps extension) Please convert all text to curves, outlines or paths. This allows the art to be usable regardless of typestyles used. Do not send fonts. All files imported into Corel Draw and/or Adobe Illustrator (such as TIFFs) should also be included separately and must meet our Raster Artwork Requirements. Do not send any files with linked elements. We can also accept files compressed with WinZip or Stuffit. Computer Generated Raster Artwork Requirements Digital Art Requirements: Must be at least 600dpi. Logos off websites (usually 72dpi) are not acceptable. Monochrome bitmapped files must be 1200 dpi at actual imprint size or larger; TIFF files are preferred. Grayscale, RGB and CMYK files may require additional charges.
Orders: Please contact a customer service rep for instructions to e-mail orders. DO NOT e-mail orders to .
Camera-Ready Art Requirements: Black and white art must be clean and crisp, printed at 1200dpi (if 1200 is not available, at least 600 dpi). Photocopies, faxes, business cards, letterheads, and all non-vector art from the Internet, etc. may not be considered camera-ready. Laser prints must be actual size and/or 200% final imprint size. Inkjet prints must be sent at 200% of final imprint size. Film positives or negatives larger than 5”x7” are not acceptable. For multi-color artwork, black and white, color separated artwork with register marks is required (a color composite must also be included).
Acceptable media: The above files can be emailed or saved on one of the following and sent to us: 3.5 inch High Density floppy diskette, Zip 100, Zip 250, CD-ROM.
• Files from word processing software such as Word, PowerPoint, Ventura Publishing and Word Perfect cannot be used.
• Quark XPress, Adobe PageMaker or files from any other page layout software cannot be used.
• Macromedia Freehand files must be saved as EPS files, following the Vector Artwork Requirements above.
• Adobe Acrobat PDF files are to be used for reading or viewing only, and should not be used as a vehicle for transfer. If your file is an EPS then simply send that EPS as an attachment and do NOT save it in Acrobat.
Important ordering information regarding printing on Non-Woven products (Bags/Aprons):
Full Color Digital:
As a general rule, line thickness should be 2.5 points. This applies to both text and artwork/logos. Certain fonts and art elements may be too thin to print well or may become unreadable and/or filled in when the necessary line thickness is applied. In the event of that, artwork would need to have a border or a shape surrounding the art and this border would be colored to match the itemas closely as possible. For best printability, artwork that is one unified piece works best. Stray art elements or freestanding text may result in a reworking of artwork. Additionally, drop shadows are not possible. If raster art is provided, it cannot have any fuzzy or indistinct edges. All edges must be clean for all art elements. Since every artwork layout presents a unique situation we may need to contact you to outline the various options that will allow for the best looking final product.
Halftones are not recommended, but are possible if requested. The screen frequency, however, cannot be any higher than 22 and for many the effect is undesirable. Line thickness and text on all art should be a minimum of 1 point.